At The Busy, Busy Pond
The lessons in this book may be used when studying about pond life.
There are instructions for 11 pond lessons plus instructions for a cover. The lessons are: Cattails, Dragonfly, Turtle, Duck, Water Beetle, Minnows, Lily Pad, Bullfrog, Raccoon, Beaver, Redwing Blackbird, and a Cover. There are facts given about each pond animal in the book.
The TLC directed art lessons are designed to help the children develop their self confidence and creative ability. The children are given only squares and rectangles to create pictures. The children learn to cut circles, ovals and triangles from the squares and rectangles. All of the children begin with the same materials and follow the same directions, but the results are individual and no two creations look alike.
- TLC teaches across the curriculum, math, literature, science and social studies.
- TLC lessons are not just fun, but meaningful and cover many benchmarks.
- TLC lessons are featured on many teacher websites.
The following is a note from a TLC Fan: "I have been using TLC for 10 years. There is so much learning and it is FUN! The children are learning to follow directions, developing fine motor skills as well as reading and math skills. They are learning the art principles of form and placement. The lessons are based on literature, science, and social studies so it is using art to increase literacy. I just want you to know you are impacting kids here in Michigan. Thanks for providing such a wonderful teaching tool." —Lorna
Many states are now using the Common Core State Standards to teach specific learning objectives. To assist the teacher looking for materials that directly align with these learning objectives I have correlated each TLC Book to the Common Core State standards for Kindergarten.
- RL.K.1: With prompting and support, ask and answer questions about key details.
- RL.K.2: With prompting and support, retell familiar stories, including key details.
- RL.K.3: With prompting and support, identify characters, settings, and major events in a story.
- RL.K.5: Recognize common types of texts (Ex. storybooks, poems).
- RI.K.1: With prompting and support, ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
- RI.K.5: Identify the front cover, back cover, and title page of a book.
- RF.K.1: Demonstrate understanding of the organization and basic features of print.
a. Follow words from left to right, top to bottom, and page by page.
b. Recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by specific sequences of letters.
c. Understand that words are separated by spaces in print.
- RF.K.3: Know and apply grade level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
c. Read common high-frequency words by sight. Example: I, a, me, see, the, like, my, we, go, can
- MG.K.1: Describe objects in the environment using names of shapes, and describe the relative positions of these objects using terms such as above, below, beside, in front of, behind, and next to.
- MG.K.2: Correctly name shapes regardless of their orientations or overall size.
- MG.K.3: Identify shapes as two-dimensional (lying in a plane, “flat”) or three-dimensional (“solid”).
At this time Common Core does not have standards for Science. The following standard is a California Kindergarten Standard for Science.
- LS.K.2 Different types of plants and animals inhabit the earth. As a basis for understanding this concept:
a. Students know how to observe and describe similarities in the appearance and behavior of plants and animals. Example: seed-bearing plants, mammals, birds, fish, insects
b. Students know how to identify major structures of common plants and animals (stems, leaves, roots, arms, wings, legs).
*In addition to the above standards ALL TLC Lessons teach students to listen and follow directions.
Your message has been sent successfully. Thank you for your interest in TLC Lessons.
Number of Pages: 95
Secure Purchasing Options
*To download your book GO TO YOUR E-MAIL you provided at the time of checkout, click the download link in your Download Products Notice E-Mail to find your download.
WE ACCEPT PURCHASE ORDERS
We are happy to accept Purchase Orders. We need an Authorized Copy of the Purchase Order via Fax or Mail, along with Shipping and Billing Information. Please include a Phone Number with a contact name in case we have any questions.
On Mail orders please allow 10 business days for Checks.
Visa, Mastercard and Purchase Order purchases will be shipped the next working day following receipt of your order.
MAIL YOUR PO OR ORDER FORM
- 619 Via Vista
- Redlands, CA 92373
FAX YOUR PO OR ORDER FORM
- 909 307 8746
We will promptly fulfill your order. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 866-489-8060.
Due to the ease of reproducibility of our books, ALL SALES ARE FINAL. We do not accept returns and do not provide refunds. Thank you.
- 1 to 3 Books $7.00
- 4 to 10 Books $15.00
- 11 Books or more FREE Shipping
- 1 to 3 Books $30.00
- 4 to 10 Books $75.00
- 11 Books or more $83.00
- 1 to 3 Books $25.00
- 4 to 10 Books $47.00
- 11 Books or more $60.00
- Domestic US $4.00
- International $10.00
- Canada $10.00
Order 11 or more books on CD get FREE Domestic Shipping.
The shipping method within the U.S. is First Class or Priority Mail.
International orders are shipped via the best possible way.
Use TLC Directed Art Lessons to...
The Theme Book lessons can be used to create an attractive classroom environment or to illustrate Big Books for the classroom.
The Make-A-Books lessons create individual reading books for the children to read to each other and put in their book boxes for future reading.